Need a Calendar?
This Monday through Sunday weekly calendar is the one I use, building the week up to the weekend.
Print it as a booklet (so on both sides).
Give a holler if you hit a snag.
Adobe Acrobat document [637.4 KB]
parish-tested tools for etc faith-sharing groups
(where life experience, tradition,
and culture intersect and meet)
and for the individual seeker/disciple/minister/apostle
concise books written or edited by
Stephen Joseph Wolf,
retired parish priest
ETC Faith Books
ETC Faith Books (Experience, Tradition, Culture) are
arranged for six gatherings of a group of ten or so
for growing in faith exploring the intersections of
- individual personal experience and history,
- the faith tradition, including sacred scripture, church teachings and history, and
- the culture in which we live our faith.
Each ETC Faith Book provides
- a suggested traditional Christian song,
- scripture passages to be read aloud while group members follow in their own bibles,
- narrative exploring a theme and/or the scripture passages,
- questions to assist reflection and discussion in the group,
- and a closing prayer.
Most groups meet for 60 or 90 minutes weekly for six weeks.
All ETC Faith titles are also designed with the individual seeker-learner in mind.
IDJC Prayer books
IDJC Prayer Books draw heavily on
- the monastic traditions of praying the psalms,
- the lectio divina way of praying with sacred scriptures (lek-see-oh div-'ee-nuh),
- and the spiritual exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola,
all designed for an individual's time with God,
respecting the basic question for spiritual direction:
LORD, how do you want me to be alone with you?
idjc: Integrating Disciple of Jesus Christ
After 22 years in parishes, like every parish priest I know, it has been my honor to see written on people's faces the desire to draw closer to God.
Whether in a small parish or in one like a megachurch, the Lord calls us into groups of faithful, and where even two or three (or more) are gathered, there he is in our midst (Mt 18:20). Hearing and telling faith stories and listening to the Lord in private prayer are key to maturing in faith.
Thank you for considering these titles for your parish, your faith-sharing group, or in your personal relationship with God.
All God's blessings,